What The Stats Say: Electric Vehicles in South Africa
At the Africa Energy Indaba, held in February 2019, we took the opportunity to find out what the public knows about electric vehicles and their presence in South Africa.
We surveyed 89 participants, and have summarised the answers to our questions for you:
1. Have you seen an electric vehicle in South Africa before today?
2. Have you driven an electric vehicle?
3. Do you know someone who owns an electric vehicle?
4. Did you know that there are approximately 100 public electric vehicle charging stations in South Africa?
5. Where do you think most of these charging stations are located?
(This question allowed for multiple selection)
6. Would you buy an electric vehicle?
7. When do you think the number of electric vehicles on the road will exceed the number of internal combustion engine vehicles?
To be apart of our future surveys, please leave your contact details here